Today’s fast-paced world heaps plenty of stress upon you. Too much of it and you might face some unhealthy consequences. Fortunately for you, several stress-relieving techniques offer simple, effective solutions to manage your stress and wellness. Here are three ways to “de-stress” throughout the day:
If you’re stressed, chances are your sleep is suffering, causing yet more stress. Improving your sleep habits is one of the easiest ways to reduce stress. Try these simple tips:
- Aim for the same bedtime each night, and get up at the same time each morning.
- Adjust the settings in your bedroom so it’s dark, room temperature, and clutter free.
- Reserve the bedroom for sleep. Keep the TV off and leave the smartphones, tablets, laptops, music players, etc., in their chargers.
The benefits of exercise are endless. Exercise not only helps to improve overall health, but it can be a relaxing way of burning off stress. Being physically active can boost your mood, help you sleep better, and improve self-esteem. Here’s how to get started:
- Always talk to your doctor before starting an exercise plan.
- Aim for 10 minute-bouts throughout the day, adding up to 30 minutes most days.
- Make exercise convenient by keeping a pair of sneakers at your desk for walking or small hand weights to add in strength training easily.
Staying organized challenges many of us, and that can add stress, especially when you’re spending lots of time looking for your stuff. Here are some tips for getting things in order:
- Keep important things in the same place so you know where they are each time you need them.
- Remove the clutter. Get rid of things you don’t use or no longer have need for.
- Make a to-do list and stick to it. That prioritizes your tasks each day
Stress need not take over your life. By changing a few habits, you can start to focus on more important things, like enjoying your day.