Wondering what to do with all that zucchini from the farmers market or your garden? Try Zucchini tots! They are a great side dish to any meal — pasta, chicken, or fish. Not only are they easy to make and prepare, but addictive as well. I make them for dinner at least once a week, and have taken them to parties as a side dish. Every time I make them, they fly off the plate. So don’t let that zucchini go to waste!
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grate zucchini.
- With a towel or paper towels, squeeze as much water as you can from grated zucchini.
- Mix all ingredients together in medium mixing bowl.
- Line pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Use a small spoon to scoop zucchini mixture. Place tot-sized scoops on pan.
- Place tots in oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and flip tots over; return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!