Gone are the days when people with diabetes were routinely called “diabetics.” As if they somehow became the disease, as opposed to living with it.
To help live more easily with diabetes — or lower the risk of getting it in the first place — come get the latest at our Just the Facts diabetes awareness event on Nov. 8th, from noon to 5 p.m.
Diabetes experts from UPMC Health Plan will be on hand to answer your questions. You’ll learn:
- Old thinking versus new thinking on diabetes
- Which risk factors you can control
- Simple ways to lower your risk
- Steps to take if you’re diagnosed with pre-diabetes
- The different types of diabetes
- Healthy habits that help control your blood sugar
- And get a FREE glucose screening
You can even get a FREE glucose screening!
Saturday, Nov. 8, noon to 5 p.m.
UPMC Health Plan Connect Service and Sales Center at:
- Century III Mall (first floor near Macy’s)
- Millcreek Mall (near Best Buy Mobile)
- Monroeville Mall (second floor near Macy’s)
- Ross Park Mall (first floor near Starbucks)
- South Hills Village (first floor near J.Crew)
Gift card giveaway!
BONUS: You’ll have a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.*
No purchase necessary.