Author: EatingWell Test Kitchen
Photographer: Erica Allen
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 mushroom
Total Time: 45 minutes
This salad of grilled vegetables and beans tossed with lemon and dill tops grilled portobello mushrooms smothered in melted fontina cheese for a healthy vegetarian main course.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 2 small bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushroom caps and turn to coat. Remove the mushrooms from the bowl. Add white beans; stir to coat.
- Place the mushroom caps gill-side up on the grill with peppers, onion and zucchini. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until they start to char and soften: about 8 minutes for the mushrooms and 6 minutes for the rest. Turn the mushrooms gill-side up again. Fill each with 1/4 cup cheese and grill until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Chop peppers, onion and zucchini and add to the bowl with the beans; toss to combine. Top each mushroom with about 1 cup of the grilled salad.
Per serving: 312 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 10 g mono); 31 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 7 g total sugars; 15 g protein; 7 g fiber; 736 mg sodium; 850 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (107% daily value), Folate (34% dv), Vitamin A (31% dv), Potassium (24% dv), Calcium (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv)
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat
Recipe by EatingWell.com. © Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.