A podcast for UPMC Health Plan members, Health Break is your quick guide to caring for your mental and physical health, prioritizing wellness, and making the most of your health insurance plan.
Episode 32: Take a Health Break with Mandi Batykefer
Prescription for Wellness care manager Mandi Batykefer takes a Health Break to tell us about who the care managers are at UPMC Health Plan, and what they do to support members.
Related to this episode:
- Learn about Prescription for Wellness
- To get started with Prescription for Wellness, choose one of the following options:
- For a virtual visit on UPMC AnywhereCare, log in or register for a UPMC AnywhereCare account. Once you are logged in, select the Health Navigation tile. If a navigator is available, you can choose Visit Now. If a navigator is not available, you can schedule a visit.
- To start by phone, call 1-844-822-3367. TTY users should call 711. Help is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ask your health care provider to set you up with a Prescription for Wellness.
- To use an app, download RxWell* from the App Store or Google Play™. You can access several helpful digital health coaching programs when it’s convenient for you.
About Mandi Batykefer:
Mandi Batykefer, RN, is a passionate and dedicated nurse with almost 20 years of experience in a variety of medical settings, including ICU, home care, and private practice. She has been with UPMC Health Plan as a care manager since 2018. Mandi is committed to providing members with the knowledge and support to meet their health care goals. Her special interests include how nutrition, exercise and management of stress can help control chronic medical conditions. When she is not assisting her members, she enjoys cooking for her family, strength training, and spending time outside.
About Dr. Camille Clarke-Smith:
Camille Clarke-Smith, EdD, is a program director in the Quality Improvement, Medicare Stars Department at UPMC Health Plan, where she leads the Medicare Faith and Wellness Program, a 3- to 12-week health and wellness challenge. She is also the founder of the nonprofit Transforming the Health of African American Women (THAW) Inc. She earned a doctorate in health and physical activity education from the University of Pittsburgh in addition to a master’s in exercise science and a bachelor’s in psychology and sociology. She is currently pursuing her master’s degree in social work at Carlow University.
About Angelo Bartic:
Angelo Bartic is a health coach at UPMC Health Plan, working with members on creating sustainable lifestyle changes in weight management, nutrition, physical activity, tobacco cessation, and stress management. Beginning as a personal trainer, he quickly connected with his passion for helping others lead healthier lives. He earned a bachelor’s degree in nutrition and is currently pursuing his master’s in public health. Maintaining his personal training certification, Angelo recently became a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach. He enjoys time with his husband and friends participating in recreational sports (kickball and dodgeball) through an LGBTQIA+ sports organization called Stonewall Sports.
*RxWell is available to UPMC Health Plan members who are 16 years of age or older