YIELD 12 servings
ACTIVE TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Sweet, sticky dates act as the glue for these no-bake energy balls. Perfect for hikes or during sports, this healthy snack travels well. For the best flavor and texture, use Medjool dates—the largest and most luscious date variety. Look for them in the produce department or near other dried fruits.
- ¾ cup chopped Medjool dates
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- Chia seeds for garnish
- Soak dates in a small bowl of hot water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the soaked dates, oats and peanut butter in a food processor and process until very finely chopped. Roll into 12 balls (a scant tablespoon each). Garnish with chia seeds, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 week.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Refrigerate airtight for up to 1 week.
Per serving73 Calories, Total Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Fiber: 1 g, Total Sugars: 6 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 18 mg, Potassium: 73 mg, Folate: 3 mcg, Calcium: 5 mg
Carbohydrate Servings 1/2
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.