Yield 4 servings
Active Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
A citrus-laced spinach sauce zests up delicate cod in this healthy fish recipe. If you can find Meyer lemons, use their sweeter juice instead of the regular lemon and orange juices. Serve with roasted cherry tomatoes and zucchini with angel hair pasta.
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1¼ pounds cod, cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or canola oil
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Place spinach and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it. Microwave on High until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Puree the wilted spinach (and any remaining water), parsley, lemon juice, orange juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and crushed red pepper in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cod with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the cod, turning once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour the reserved sauce into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve the fish on top of the sauce, sprinkled with almonds.
Per serving163 Calories, Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 56 mg, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Fiber: 2 g, Total Sugars: 1 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 21 g, Sodium: 393 mg, Potassium: 587 mg, Folate: 94 mcg, Calcium: 75 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.