The year is almost over—have you had your preventive screening? If not, UPMC for You is coming to you this November and December!
We are offering no- or minimal-cost screenings throughout western Pennsylvania until December 9.
Here are the screenings you can get:
- Breast cancer screenings/Mammograms (at select locations—marked below with *)
- Blood pressure check
- Eye exam
- Hemoglobin A1c test (average blood sugar levels over the past three months) [i]
- Height, weight, and body mass index check
- Kidney disease (nephropathy) screening
- Lung function test
- Heel bone scan
Event dates and locations are listed below. Call 1-800-899-7553 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to schedule an appointment, or walk in during event hours.
South Allegheny: Salvatore’s Events and Catering
- November 8—11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Erie: Millcreek Mall*
- November 11—9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Johnstown: The Johnstown Galleria*
- November 12—11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Westmoreland: Ramada by Wyndham Greensburg Hotel & Conference Center
- November 13—11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
East Allegheny: Futules’ Harmar House
- November 14—11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Allegheny: The Pittsburgh Shrine Center
- November 15—11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
South Allegheny: The Georgetown Centre
- November 19—11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
East Allegheny: Homewood-Brushton YMCA
- November 21—11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Beaver: The Club at Shadow Lakes
- November 25—11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bedford: Everett Walmart*
- November 26—9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wilkinsburg: Covenant Church of Pittsburgh*
- November 27—9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
East Liberty: The Kingsley Center*
- December 3—10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monroeville: Magee-Womens Imaging Monroeville*
- December 5—8 a.m. to noon
McKeesport: UPMC McKeesport*
- December 7—8 to 10:30 a.m.
Oakland: UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital*
- December 9—4 to 7 p.m.
Don’t worry if you can’t make it to one of these special events. Some of these screenings can be done right in your primary care provider’s (PCP). If you complete your screenings somewhere else, let them know the name of your PCP. That way, they can share the results with a provider who knows you well!
[i]All About Your A1c. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/managing/managing-blood-sugar/a1c.html. Reviewed Aug. 2018. Accessed Nov. 2019.