The Perfect Date Night Recipe
The most romantic pizza crust
It’s hard to improve on the time-honored tradition of baking homemade pizza with your sweetie. But here’s a healthy spin on your quiet date night: heart-shaped cauliflower-crust pizza! It’s romantic because hearts, of course — and because getting health conscious as a couple shows your desire for a long lifetime together. This easy, hands-on recipe will leave plenty of room (and calories) for dessert afterward. Grab your valentine and your favorite pizza toppings and follow along.
1 head of cauliflower (remove the stalk) – 210 calories
½ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella – 140 calories
½ cup grated Parmesan – 216 calories
½ tsp. oregano
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten – 140 calories
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break up the cauliflower and mix in a food processor until fine. Then let sit on a towel to get all the moisture out, about 10-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine finely chopped cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to baking sheet and spread out in the shape of a pizza crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove your crust from the oven. Grab those heart-shaped cookie cutters you put away after Christmas, and create mini pizzas!
- Add 2 Tbsp. of pizza sauce to each mini pizza for an additional 20 calories, 2 Tbsp. of mozzarella cheese for another 35 calories, and tons of your favorite veggies (peppers, crumbled broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, kale etc.).
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until your pizzas are perfect!
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
706 calories per entire crust
100-140 calories per mini pizza (assuming you got about 5-7 hearts from your crust) without toppings
155-200 calories per mini pizza with toppings