Simple honey mustard salmon recipe
The key to a quick weeknight meal is having three components on hand to mix and match: a source of protein, a whole grain, and a vegetable. This honey mustard salmon is easy, satisfying, and cooks in less than 15 minutes.
- 4 4-oz. salmon filets, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 2 tbsp. mustard (I like to use spicy mustard)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. water
- Place salmon skin side down on a greased baking sheet. Arrange oven rack to be approximately 4-6 inches from broiler and pre-heat broiler.
- Combine mustard through water, then brush onto salmon filets.
- Cook 8-10 minutes under broiler, until fish flakes with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees.
Approximate nutrition information, per filet: 250 calories, 12 grams fat, 11 grams carbohydrate, 25 grams protein
Salmon is packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fats and protein. I served mine with steamed broccoli and whole-grain black rice.
What is your go-to quick weeknight meal?