Apple quinoa salad recipe
I am always looking for ways to dress up my salad and keep things interesting. I was really craving all things apple, so I decided to make an apple quinoa salad dish. I served it for friends who stopped by and it was a huge hit! This sweet and savory dish hits the spot on a warm fall day!
- 3 cups salad greens (I used spinach and romaine.)
- 1 cup quinoa cooked (¼ cup dry)
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare quinoa: I use a rice cooker for mine, but you can also follow stovetop directions. To determine the amount of quinoa you need, know that it increases 4 times in size when cooked. For this recipe you will need ¼ cup dry quinoa to get 1 cup cooked. Once finished, set aside in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Prepare the apples: Cut apples into small cubes and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine ¼ cup apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of honey and whisk until dissolved.
- Combine ingredients: In a large bowl combine apples, cranberries, tomatoes, and dressing. Set aside and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Set salad: On your plate, set greens as base layer. Next add a few scoops of quinoa on top, and then the apple mixture. Finally, sprinkle goat cheese on top.
This recipe makes about 4 servings. To add additional protein, you can top with chicken or any other meats you wish.
Approximately 255 calories, 6 grams fat, 47 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams protein per serving