Grilled Caesar Salad with Chicken and Heirloom Tomatoes
You’ve probably had grilled chicken on a Caesar salad, but have you had the romaine lettuce grilled as well?
This warm salad combination is a new twist on a classic that takes grilled food to a whole new level!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (about ¾ lb)
- 6 tbsp lite Caesar dressing (2 tbsp marinade plus 2 tbsp dressing per salad)
- 2 slices whole wheat or whole grain bread
- Cooking spray
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 head romaine lettuce (rinse and separate the leaves)
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 heirloom tomato, chopped
- Spread 2 tbsp of lite Caesar dressing over the chicken tenderloins and let them marinate for 15 minutes.
- Light the grill and set for medium heat.
- Lightly spray both sides of the bread with cooking spray, and then dust each side with pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. At the same time, grill the bread for about 1 to 2 minutes per side (or until toasted). Remove the bread and chicken and keep warm.
- Lightly spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray, which will prevent the romaine from sticking to the grill. Using tongs or grill gloves, place the aluminum foil on the grill. Grill the leaves of romaine lettuce for a 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until warm and slightly wilted.
- Place the grilled lettuce on your plate. Slice the bread into crouton-sized pieces and place on top of the lettuce. Chop the chicken and arrange on top of the salad. Add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Add additional lite Caesar dressing to taste, about 2 tbsp per salad.
Servings: 2 dinner portions
Calories 408, Fat (g) 14.7, Carbohydrates (g) 23.9, Protein (g) 46.6