A podcast for UPMC Health Plan members, Health Break is your quick guide to caring for your mental and physical health, prioritizing wellness, and making the most of your health insurance plan.
Episode 27: Take a Health Break with Tish Rohan
Tish Rohan, senior director of population health and clinical optimization at UPMC Health Plan, takes a Health Break to explain what a Prescription for Wellness is, how to get one, and what it can do for your health.
Related to this episode:
- Learn about how Prescription for Wellness can help you.
- To get started with Prescription for Wellness, choose one of the following options:
- For a virtual visit on UPMC AnywhereCare, log in or register for a UPMC AnywhereCare account. Once you are logged in, select the Health Navigation tile. If a navigator is available, you can choose Visit Now. If a navigator is not available, you can schedule a visit.
- To start by phone, call 1-844-822-3367. TTY users should call 711. Help is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ask your health care provider to set you up with a Prescription for Wellness.
- To use an app, download RxWell* from the App Store or Google Play™. You can access several helpful digital health coaching programs when it’s convenient for you.
About Tish Rohan:
Tish Rohan is the senior director of population health and clinical optimization at UPMC Health Plan. In her current role, Tish focuses on optimizing clinical and health coaching services through effective population health management strategies. Her work emphasizes the power of prevention in all phases of life, stressing the importance of lifestyle behaviors in preventing and managing disease. Tish has worked in progressive roles at the Health Plan since 2014. Prior to joining UPMC, she held leadership roles in digital consultative sales for higher education, as a director of training for clinical and hospital staff, and as a director of education for community, staff, and patients at two large health systems. Tish holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Specialized Studies in Health Sciences and a Master of Science in Health Promotion and Health Care Management. Tish lives in the Pittsburgh area with her husband, Kevin. She also has three children, Ethan, Benjamin, and Emelia, and two rowdy but adorable French bulldogs, Lucy and Charlotte.
About Dr. Camille Clarke-Smith:
Camille Clarke-Smith, EdD, is a program director in the Quality Improvement, Medicare Stars Department at UPMC Health Plan, where she leads the Medicare Faith and Wellness Program, a 3- to 12-week health and wellness challenge. She is also the founder of the nonprofit Transforming the Health of African American Women (THAW) Inc. She earned a doctorate in health and physical activity education from the University of Pittsburgh in addition to a master’s in exercise science and a bachelor’s in psychology and sociology. She is currently pursuing her master’s degree in social work at Carlow University.
About Angelo Bartic:
Angelo Bartic is a health coach at UPMC Health Plan, working with members on creating sustainable lifestyle changes in weight management, nutrition, physical activity, tobacco cessation, and stress management. Beginning as a personal trainer, he quickly connected with his passion for helping others lead healthier lives. He earned a bachelor’s degree in nutrition and is currently pursuing his master’s in public health. Maintaining his personal training certification, Angelo recently became a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach. He enjoys time with his husband and friends participating in recreational sports (kickball and dodgeball) through an LGBTQIA+ sports organization called Stonewall Sports.
*RxWell is available to UPMC Health Plan members who are 16 years of age or older