Whether it’s a Meatless Monday or the end of a long and harried workday, our 15-Minute Meatless Stir Fry will help you get dinner on the table with minimal prep and cooking time. You can feed your family a fast, healthy, and tasty meal while maintaining your wellness goals.
Throw this dish together with leftovers, pantry items, and frozen food. Brown rice, plain quinoa, or mixed grains are all great options for the base of the stir fry. Use any beans of your choosing, such as black, white, pinto, or garbanzo. Wash and chop whatever vegetables are on hand in your refrigerator or grab a bag from the freezer. The possibilities and combinations are endless.
For a boost of protein, add a lean meat, such as chopped, cooked turkey or chicken or a firm tofu to keep it vegetarian.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 cups raw vegetables, chopped, or 16-oz. bag plain frozen vegetables
- Spices, dried
- 4 large eggs, whisked lightly
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked grains
- 1 15-oz. can cooked beans, drained and rinsed
- Soy sauce
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium to high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, the vegetables, and any spices you enjoy in your stir fry dishes.
- Sauté the veggies for about five minutes, stirring frequently, or until they are the consistency you desire.
- Move your vegetables to the edges of the pan, leaving room in the middle to add the eggs. Scramble until softly cooked through. Combine vegetables and eggs in pan.
- Mix in the grains and the beans.
- Stir in soy sauce, and simmer on low until beans and grains are heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!