Top 5 reasons moms should choose UPMC Health Plan
Moms have to make a lot of difficult decisions, but choosing a health insurance provider doesn’t have to be one of them. UPMC Health Plan has you covered — from providing access to free preventive services and top-ranked care* to providing the tools you need to help you manage your health and your children’s health. We understand how busy you are and are here to help when you need it most.
Here are just five reasons why moms should choose UPMC Health Plan:
- Access to free preventive services for you and your child. You do a lot to protect your children, but you can’t control everything. UPMC Health Plan wants to help where we can, including providing access to free preventive services for you and your child. This includes well-baby visits, screenings, immunizations, and health exams — all free of charge. And because UPMC understands how busy you are, we provide schedules for vaccinations and immunizations, so you don’t have to keep track. Preventive care is the first step in staying healthy.
- UPMC for a New Beginning maternity program. UPMC is dedicated to keeping you and your baby healthy, and one way we do that is through the UPMC for a New Beginning maternity program. Through this program, members of UPMC for You, our Medicaid program, could receive an infant car seat or a portable play yard just by enrolling and meeting the following requirements:
- Visit your maternity provider within 13 weeks of becoming pregnant.
- Enroll in the UPMC for a New Beginning maternity program before you are 34 weeks pregnant.
- Keep at least eight prenatal visits.
- Get all of the routine lab tests ordered by your maternity provider.
- Keep all of your scheduled telephone calls with the maternity program representative.
- Return to UPMC for You the consent form signed by you and your maternity provider.
- UPMC for Kids health management programs. Moms know better than anyone how important it is for kids to learn good habits early on. This is certainly true for health management, and UMPC Health Plan has programs to help your kids do just that. Members receive access to programs that provide a health coach for your child, so he or she learns healthy habits and strategies for maintaining them.Members also get discounts to the Children’s Museum and the Pittsburgh Zoo, so you can keep your children’s minds healthy, as well.
- Access to word-class doctors and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. It’s no secret that UPMC offers some of the top-ranked care around, and choosing UPMC Health Plan gets you and your family in-network access. Many of our plans provide coverage across the nation and our network includes more than 125 hospitals and 11,500 physicians in Pennsylvania alone.When it comes to your children’s care, you can rest easy knowing you have in-network access to the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, one of the best pediatric hospitals in the nation. In fact, it is one of just 10 pediatric hospitals in the United States named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of best children’s hospitals for 2014-2015. Children’s Hospital has one of the fastest growing, National Institutes of Health-funded pediatric research programs in the country and has been recognized by KLAS, an independent health care research organization, as the number one pediatric hospital in its use of health care information technology. And while all of the accolades are important to moms, Children’s Hospital remains focused on the kids: The hospital campus was designed with input from physicians, nurses, and families to ensure that patients receive care in a comfortable environment that won’t be scary or intimidating for your child.
- Stress relief health coaching programs. Moms have been known to worry. UPMC Health Plan can help with that. Health Plan members get free access to a health coaching program and other resources to help you shoulder the stress of everyday life. You can meet with your health coach on a regular basis over the phone. Think of it as your own personal support system. Our health coaches will conduct motivational interviews, a method that helps you focus in on what truly motivates you, to help reduce stress and keep you on track.
With top-ranked doctors and facilities*, health coaching programs for you and your children, free preventive services, and so much more, we’ve got you and your kids covered.
* UPMC is one of only 15 hospitals nationwide to be named to the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll and is ranked #1 in Pittsburgh for clinical excellence.