Welcome to August’s challenge: It’s all about the arms! This month we are bringing you targeted exercises to get those arms strong and defined. We have four exercises total that will be done three to four times each week and get more challenging throughout the month. The first week is a preview of the exercises, and then each week after builds on the set.
Here are the exercises:
- Bicep curl
- Upright row
- Overhead tricep extension
These exercises target your biceps, triceps, chest, and shoulders! It’s pretty awesome what you will be able to do with just a few simple exercises at the end of the 31 days!
- To start this exercise, place two dumbbells in your hands, keeping your elbows close to your torso and palms up.
- Next, start to curl the weights towards your biceps until the dumbbells are at shoulder level.
- Pause at the top and slowly release to starting position.
- To start this exercise, place one dumbbell in each hand, keeping your palms toward the thighs and less than shoulder width apart with arms extended and a slight bend in the elbow while keeping the back straight.
- Next lift the dumbbells towards the shoulders with the elbows leading and weight close to the torso.
- Continue lifting until your weight is shoulder height and then pause for a moment and lower slowly to starting position.
Overhead tricep extension:
- To start this exercise, stand with your feet hip distance apart holding one dumbbell with both hands, bending at the elbows behind your head.
- Next, straighten your arms to lift the dumbbell into the air towards the celling. Keep your elbows pointed forward, biceps stationary, and only your forearms moving.
- Finally, lower the dumbbell to starting position.
- Start on the floor and set your hands at a distance slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Feet should be about shoulder width apart.
- To start the push-up, you want to slowly lower your body until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle, keeping your elbows close to the body.
- Pause for a moment and explode back to starting position. Remember, you can modify into a knee push-up!
Always remember that proper form is the most important part of any exercise. Good luck and remember to tag your friends to join in! After all, summer is in full swing and it’s beach body season!