Garlic and cracked pepper roasted pumpkin seeds recipe
What better way to usher in autumn than with these healthy roasted pumpkin seeds? No need to spend hours cleaning them beforehand, either. Just separate as much pumpkin gunk from the seeds as you can. What remains will crisp up deliciously as they roast! Seasoning can be adjusted to taste, if you wish.
- Seeds from 1 medium pie pumpkin, separated from pumpkin “guts”
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400⁰ F.
- Toss seeds with garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Spread seeds in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Serving size: 1 oz.
Calories: 170; total fat: 15 grams; carbs: 4 grams; fiber: 2 grams; protein: 9 grams; cholesterol: 0 mg; sodium: 76 mg