Lightened Up Chicken & Squash Curry
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (13.66 fl. oz.) lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. and 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Steamed rice or cooked udon or lo mein noodles
In a large pot of boiling water, add the butternut squash pieces and boil for about 10 minutes, until slightly soft and fork tender.
In a wok or large pan, add the oil and chicken, cooking on all sides for approximately 5 minutes. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a bowl.
In the same pan or wok, add the lite coconut milk, onion powder, chopped garlic cloves, basil, and red curry paste. Cook for a few minutes then add the chicken and cooked butternut squash . Mix then cook curry on low simmer for 5 minutes.
Top rice or noodles with the curry and garnish with sliced chilies, if using.
For the original recipe visit: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/thai-pumpkin-and-chicken-curry.html