This quick & easy peanut butter ball snack is packed with protein that helps you stay fuller longer, while providing sufficient energy throughout your day. This is a great option for supplementing protein into your diet to achieve the recommended daily amount.
The combination of protein powder and peanut butter deem this snack a hearty-go-to option! Protein is an essential nutrient, that is crucial for optimal functioning in the body.
Different roles protein plays are promoting the feeling of fullness and appetite control, helps maintain our body’s fluid balance, and are the building blocks for tissues, bones, muscles, and skin.
Storage and food prep:
Protein balls can be made in advance and kept in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
1. Healthy option to have as a quick breakfast, snack, or dessert.
2. Store in an airtight container or a zip locked bag.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls recipe
- ¾ Medjool Dates
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- Chia seeds for garnish
- Optional 1 serving/scoop of protein powder
- Soak dates in a small bowl of hot water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain
- Combine soaked dates, oats, peanut butter, and optional protein powder in a food processor and process until finely chopped
- Roll into 12 balls (option to use a spoon to measure)
- Garnish with chia seeds, if desired
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
Blend with different toppings:
Breakfast/snack: add nuts, dried berries, variety of seeds
Dessert: add dark chocolate chips, coconut, cinnamon