Preventative health screenings for UPMC for Life members
As a UPMC for Life member, you can get these preventive services at no additional cost when you use an in-network provider (the following is a partial list):
- Annual wellness exam and routine physical exam
- Immunizations (e.g., flu and pneumonia)
- Smoking cessation (counseling to stop smoking)
- Preventive screening exams
Getting the immunizations below can help you avoid being sick.
- Influenza vaccine (annual)
- Pneumococcal vaccine (one time)
- Tetanus vaccine (every 10 years)
- Zoster (shingles) vaccine (one time)
The routine tetanus and Zoster vaccines are available at the applicable copays to members enrolled in a plan that includes Part D prescription drug coverage.
Bring this list to your next doctor’s appointment. Ask your doctor if you should have any of the tests below.
- Alcohol use screening
- Breast cancer screening with mammogram
- Blood pressure screening
- Colon cancer screening
- Depression screening
- Diabetic screening
- Glaucoma screening
- HIV screening
- Obesity screening
- Osteoporosis screening (bone mass measurement)
- Pap test and pelvic exam
- Prostate cancer screenings
- Ultrasound to screen for abdominal aortic aneurysm
A separate copay may apply for screening exams if additional medical services were received during the same visit. This is not a complete list of services.
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, provider network, premium, and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year.