Quick and easy portabella pizza recipe
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for quick, easy, and healthy meals that I can make after a long day. Having these kinds of options has helped me manage my weight and head off the temptation of picking up take out on the way home. Here is one of my go-to recipes that is perfect for when the week gets hectic!
- 3-5 medium-to-large portabella caps (depending on how many people you are serving)
- ½ to 1 cup fresh mixed veggies (peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomato, green peppers)
- ½ cup pizza/pasta sauce
- Your favorite cheese (I use sharp cheddar but mozzarella is perfect for this recipe.)
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried garlic
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Any other toppings you would like, including pepperoni or other meat.
- Olive oil
- Wash mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Place stem side up on a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, and other seasonings on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place sauce, veggies, and cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve as main dish or as a side.
Approximate Nutrition Information:
- Serving Size: 2 caps
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 7g
- Carbs: 22g
- Protein: 8g