Two tools to make the best medical decisions for you and your family
When you make a buying decision, chances are you go online to research your options, compare costs, and see how others rated their experience. You expect this search to be fast, easy, and accurate.
You would expect the same experience when choosing medical care, right?
UPMC Health Plan has two tools to help you research treatment options and their related costs. The treatment adviser and medical cost estimator provide personalized information, facts, figures, and the experience of others so you can make the best decision for you and your family.
Together, these tools can help you answer some important questions: Is this treatment right for me? Do I have other options? What hospital should I go to? How much will this procedure cost?
Log in to MyHealth OnLine to access treatment adviser and medical cost estimator. You’ll have a better conversation with your doctor, greater peace of mind, and you may even save money!
This tool lets you see:
- All of the procedures and therapies available for a medical condition.
- Estimated recovery time.
- Effectiveness of different procedures based on research.
- How other people rate the effectiveness of the procedure.
Medical cost estimator
This tool shows you roughly how much a procedure will cost you based on your plan. You can:
- Get an estimate based on your coinsurance and what you’ve already paid toward your deductible and out-of-pocket maximum.
- Compare costs of different treatments.
- See how the cost varies depending on the facility you choose.
- See how hospitals rank in terms of quality and care.
You can find both of these tools on your MyHealth OnLine homepage.*
Treatment adviser is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice.
Medical cost estimator provides estimates based on aggregate data. It should not be relied upon as actual cost.
Tools may not be available to all members based on benefit plan.