Did you know that you can get discount tickets to the zoo with your UPMC Health Plan insurance? How about free health coaching to help you manage your weight or stop smoking? Health insurance with UPMC Health Plan gives you more benefits than just medical health coverage.
Here are five benefits that you may not have realized you have:
- Care while traveling with Assist America® – When UPMC Health Plan members have an emergency 100 miles or more from home, they still have access to doctors, hospitals, and more through Assist America®. Coverage through Assist America comes at no additional cost, but gives UPMC Health Plan members peace of mind that they can receive emergency care when away from home — even if they’re out of the country.
- MyHealth Community discounts – Treat yourself to a day at the museum, or become a member of that gym you always walk past. UPMC Health Plan members are eligible for discounts for gym memberships (and sometimes even waived initiation fees), discounts on fitness products such as bike rentals, admission discounts at local museums such as the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, and more! Find discounts near you at www.upmchealthplan.com/MyHealthCommunity/.
- MyHealth OnLine – UPMC Health Plan members can manage their prescriptions, find doctors in their network, schedule appointments, review their medical records, and more with MyHealth OnLine. This benefit is also available through the UPMC Health Plan mobile app. You’ll never have to worry if you forgot your insurance card at home, or if you don’t remember what one of your prescriptions is called — you can access all of this information with just a few clicks using your smartphone or tablet.Can’t find what you need? Have a question about your benefits? UPMC Health Plan members can speak with a Health Care Concierge through MyHealth OnLine, as well. Health Care Concierges are available to answer all of your questions, make appointments for you, and share information on upcoming community events and member programs.
- Preventive Care Covered at 100% – Screenings, vaccinations, well visits — are you putting them off because you don’t want to pay? As part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), most health insurance plans, including UPMC Health Plan, now offer certain preventive care services at no additional cost. Take a look at our preventive services reference guide to learn more about the services covered, and the recommended age/time for each service.
- Free Health Coaching From Local Health Experts – Most of us are aware of a few things that we could do to improve our health, but we just need someone to encourage us to do them. UPMC Health Plan members have access to health coaches who are trained in a particular subject area. A health coach can help you lose weight, quit smoking, or simply develop a healthier lifestyle. Health coaches speak with members over the phone, via live chat, and sometimes attend health and fitness events in the community. Whether you just need a little encouragement, or an entire fitness and exercise plan, UPMC Health Plan health coaches are here to help.
Now that you know, make sure to take advantage of these FREE benefits by logging in to your MyHealth OnLine account.
Not a UPMC Health Plan member? Start shopping on the UPMC Health Plan Marketplace today!