Air-fryer meatless meatballs
This veggie meat(less)balls recipe is a perfect healthy addition to a pasta dish or sandwich. Using an air fryer makes it quick and easy.
Making homemade meatless meatballs can be a challenge. Many meatless recipes and other vegan approaches to meatballs can leave you wishing for a more authentic taste. One of the best ways to get that perfect, meaty texture without the meat is by using an air fryer. These meatless meatballs taste so good, your friends won’t believe that they’re vegetarian. Let’s get started!
Veggie meatless meatballs ingredients
- 2 cups steamed or boiled cauliflower, cooked until tender
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms, sautéed until soft in 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1¼ cups breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional, omit for vegan diets)
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- Canola oil spray
Veggie meatless meatballs directions
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend the cauliflower, cannellini beans, and mushrooms until smooth.
- Add the veggie mixture into a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Spray canola oil into the bottom of the air fryer.
- Working in two batches, shape the mixture into small balls and place in the air fryer.
- Cook each batch for 20 minutes at 360° F or until done. They should not stick to the bottom of the air fryer and will be crispy on the outside.
- Serve with your favorite sauce, with a side of pasta, or as a sandwich!
Approximate nutrition Information per piece: 62 calories, 1.6 grams of fat, 8.5 grams of carbohydrates, 3.7 grams of protein