I love stuffed peppers! I love them so much that I wanted to find a solution for serving them in the summer when soups and hot dishes are less frequent in our dinner routine. Thus was formed my tuna stuffed peppers recipe.
- 3 peppers (to stuff)
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 small onion
- ½ green pepper chopped
- ½ small apple chopped
- ¼ cup of peas
- 2 tsp. of Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado
- 2 dashes of garlic powder
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Any other crunchy veggies you like, chopped
- Wash the 3 peppers and chop in half down the center and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Take the mixed ingredients and fill each of the pepper halves.
Nutrition information per serving: Approximately 107 calories, 8g fat, 7g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, and 3g fiber. Makes 6 half pepper servings.