It’s a great time of year for finding fresh fruits and vegetables at the grocery store or local farmer’s market. The price of your favorite produce is low, making it cost-effective to include in your daily meals.
One of our favorite vegetables with which to cook is zucchini. It is tasty and can be used in different dishes as a substitute for regular noodles.
Below is one of our favorite easy recipes for zucchini noodles, also known as zoodles.
- 4.4-oz. zucchini (small zucchini)
- 2 tsp. sweet ginger garlic seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Wash the zucchini thoroughly.
- Prepare the zucchini. You can use a vegetable spiralizer, mandolin slicer, julienne peeler, or just a regular peeler
- Add the olive oil to a large pan or wok and heat over a medium temperature for two minutes.
- Place the zoodles into the pan or wok, tossing them continuously for four to six minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Add the sweet ginger garlic seasoning and continue to toss for another two minutes. Test the zoodles; they are ready to eat when wilted but still slightly crunchy. Overcooking the zucchini will lead to soft and mushy zoodles.
- 64 calories
- 7 grams fat
- 161 mg sodium