MyHealth Café Chef Ryan Hansen shares his carrot rice pudding recipe just in time for the holiday season!
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 13.5 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup peeled, finely grated carrots (about 2 medium-size carrots)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon, plus ¼ tsp. for garnish
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Pour milk, coconut milk, rice, carrots, and salt into a 4-quart sauce pan. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl combine brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger.
- When rice is tender, remove from heat and add brown sugar mixture and raisins.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Serve warm or chilled.
Serves eight people.
- 210 calories
- 4 grams fat
- 132mg sodium
- 38 grams carbohydrates
- 1 gram fiber
- 5 grams protein