Need medical treatment?
Two new tools help you choose the care that’s right for you.
When you have a medical condition, there’s usually more than one way to treat it. The best option for you depends on your lifestyle, your goals, and your budget. UPMC Health Plan members have two new tools that help them make personalized health care decisions.
Our medical cost estimator tells you the approximate cost of most medical procedures in our region. Use the tool to:
- Compare procedure costs and quality care results of network providers.
- See what your estimated out-of-pocket costs will be, based on your plan and real-time claims information.
- Understand how treatment cost varies depending on the facility you choose.
Our treatment advisor uses crowd-source data similar to TripAdvisor. Use the tool to see:
- All of the procedures and therapies available for a particular medical condition.
- How other patients rate the effectiveness of the procedure you’re considering.
- What clinical evidence shows about the effectiveness of different procedures.
Together, these tools make it easy for members to choose a treatment plan that takes into account their own preferences — from how much they want to spend to what kind of healthy steps they can commit to.
Log-in to MyHealth OnLine now to access these tools and more.
Services may not be available to all members based on benefit plan.